1. So, life has been hectic… I feel like I’ve never known a time in my life when it hasn’t been that way lol… The things taking up most of my time consist of school, homework, my interpreting practicum (internship), driving an hour or more both ways (to and from) everyday, an interpreting mentoring program, and…did I say homework? ;)
2. So, as you can see from the above, I haven’t had time for much of anything else. That means that blogging (*gasp*) and running (*even bigger gasp*) have taken a back seat in this season of my life. I’d be ok with that, for the most part, IF… I didn’t have a 1/2 marathon sneaking up on me in 8 days! ha! What happened is: I signed up for the Columbus FULL marathon as soon as registration opened because I LOVED my first full last year and it’s cheaper the sooner you register… is sooner a word? lol! Anyways… Then I had to downgrade to the half because of everything in #1. NOW, the race is 8 days away… the farthest I’ve run is 5 miles and that was ooo… about a month or more ago lol. SO not prepared! I feel rather pathetic about it, but what can you do?
If this was your situation what would you do?
- Go and try to have fun even though you’d be walking about 3/4 of the race?
- Go and try to run the whole thing even though you haven’t trained because your
stubborn like that?
- Go and try not to see anyone you know.. how embarrassing that you’re walking!
- Don’t go and sleep in instead?
3. So… since blogging has been something I haven’t been doing… tell me what’s been going on with you! I know some of you have gotten engaged and run races and have had many firsts of things… TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME!! :)
4. My car has been acting up on me. One day, I was stopped on an on-ramp (incline) and my car battery died so I was stuck and everyone behind me was stuck unless they could go around… a police officer had to come and push me bumper-to-bumper up the ramp and into a gas station that was in a not so good area. After the tow truck came, the officer gave me a ride, in the back of his car, to school. I’m sure you all can imagine the looks I got when he had to get out of the car and come let me out of the caged part of the vehicle in front of everyone! It was quite comical! What’s not so funny, is that my car also died WHILE I was driving on the Interstate. My engine just gave out. I had to ride in the tow truck about an hour to get back home and missed out on my internship that day… Here’s a picture from the passenger seat of a tow truck of my poor car:
5. That’s where the new addition to our family comes in… My car was going to be double what I paid for the thing in the first place, just to replace the engine… so my husband took me car shopping and we were just planning on looking around, but came home with this new little beauty! (2013 Chevy Spark):