Wednesday, October 23, 2013

OMG… I Ran!!!!

OMG guys!!!! I totally ran!!! ok ok… before you get all excited, I must be honest and tell you that It wasn’t a lot…

Ok… I’ll be totally honest… it probably can’t even constitute as running…

pain ecard1235295_600385256671013_2017658424_n

Friday I went out for my usual walk outside and decided that my knee has been feeling great lately! Why not go for a run right?  I just needed it!  You know that itch that you get when you don’t run in forever!?  I has it! ;)

The picture below is why it really doesn’t count as running-running… just sort-of-running:

Untitled

splits

BUT… guess what?… I’m counting it!! :)  About 2 minutes total… but it’s more than 0!

My knee is feeling well still, but I’m kinda nervous to run more than a 10:1 minute walk/run ratio…

we shall see…

I’m totally excited though! :)  I can’t wait to get back to actually Running-Running… I’ve missed it! :)

 

Has an injury ever held you back from running?
How’d you get back to running?
What’s your best advice to running injury-free?


bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Those first few runs back are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I hope to be following in your footsteps soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a start. Only way is up from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya girl. That first time back running (any amount of running counts) is glorious! Good luck going forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dealing with another injury right now.. I haven't run in 3 weeks and I feel like a crazy person!! Glad you got in two minutes, you have to start somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! So excited for you! Those ecards are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the best way to get back into it after an injury...slowly! Congrats! I know how good it feels to run again after a long injury break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know how you feel! I have some chronic overuse injuries that I never quite rest long enough. I'm banning myself for a few weeks and it makes me love running more than I ever do when I'm doing it! Great motivation for when I'm back though!! Love the ecards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...