Thursday, August 26, 2010

Three Things Thursday - Jumping on the Bandwagon

So, I've been around the blogging world for a couple Thursdays now and keep seeing "Three Things Thursday" ... interesting and kind of cool that everyone does it... Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and try it out tonight because I'm exhausted!

1.My whole body is tired right now... I ran a 5.5 mile tempo run on Tuesday on the treadmill after getting home from work at 10pm and did a little core workout. Wednesday, I ran 2.3 recovery miles and did core and lunges holding my medicine ball above my head... my arms, legs, core, and now feet (from working on my feet all day today) are screaming at me!! But I am glad that I am keeping to my schedule this week so far :)

2. I joined the 100 day challenge over at Run, Courtney, Run and I know I already told you that, but I wanted to share my goals... they may seem silly or dumb or whatever... but they're MY goals, not yours... so get over it!! ;) As posted on Courtney's blog:

Zaneta
http://zanetaruns.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/superwoman4002
superwoman_4002@yahoo.com
Goals: Read Gone with the Wind (I've been wanting to for the last year), Run a 5k in less than 25 minutes, Run my first half marathon in under 2:30:00, become a substitute teacher, eat more fruits and veggies

I shall do a progress report in the near future :D

3. I am meeting up with another friend tomorrow to go running... I haven't seen her for nearly a year so it'll be fun... and she's about my pace or a little faster :D We have 7 miles planned together but if you remember I have 9 or 10 miles planned for my long run, so I'll be running 2 or 3 miles by myself after we run together tomorrow :D We're meeting at 7:45am... unlike all of you hardcore toughies out there... I do not like getting up so early if i dont have to lol... i'd rather run in the middle of the day or the evening ;) lol... so this shall be interesting!!

Sorry this is a boring post... just wanted to check in... I'm still writing my internship paper which is due tomorrow night... but I'm almost done :D And... my mind is also a muscle that is tired... its telling me to go to sleep... So, I think one more page and then i'm gonna call it quits...

What do you usally do if your running buddy can only run 3 miles less than you planned? and how long between running with your buddy and completing your run?

10 comments:

  1. I know you said that you're not a morning person, but I would actually try and get the extra miles in before you meet with your friend. Because, what inevitably happens is you finish running with your buddy and then you stop and talk and then end up going for coffee or lunch and the extra miles never happen. :)

    I like your goals and think they're good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Aimee - I'd get the 3 miles in before you jump in with your friend. That way she can help keep you strong through the end of your long run! Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third Aimee's suggestion - I try to always get my extra mileage in before rather than after simply because I live in constant fear of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the being tired all of the time! Hang in there....things will get better! Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a tired time of year as I too am feeling it!
    I agree with the others, get your extra 3 done before meeting your buddy.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i seem to be the only one who would do them after. but they would have to be right after for me. i don't like breaking up my long runs any more than necessary, so i would probably run to where she was parked say my goodbyes and head out again to finish up. i can see the advantages of getting them done first, i just know that i wouldn't be able to get myself out of bed, then i'd probably run them too fast out of fear that i would be making her wait on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup...if those 3 miles are important to you...log them and meet your buddy for the rest of the run together. And eat more veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto from me ... miles first then socializing second ... it's the way we're built!

    ... sleep is good but not when your behind the wheel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Gone with the Wind, hope you get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a runny buddy. :( *sigh* So if anyone gives out, it is me!
    Good luck on the challenge - so far so good for me with week 2!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...