So Nicole over at Running for Love came up with a little running survey and I thought it would be fun to repost on my blog with MY answers lol… Sidenote: Nicole is also planning a wedding for this year! AWESOME!! :D
* what is your favorite type of cross training?
I haven’t really been cross training… whoops… Does working on my feet and carrying two,
5 gallon buckets of ice to the pop machine while doing bicep curls count?
* what is your favorite song to run to?
I don't really have one favorite song and I tend to listen to all sorts of different genres of music while I run from classical to hard rock lol.. just depends on my mood and what type of run it is
* what brand of shoes do you wear?
Nike Lunar Glides or Brooks Pure Flow
* do you wear a hat when you run?
* what temperature is your favorite for running?
I hate cold weather so I would say anywhere from 60-80 lol… yeah, I’m crazy ;)
* do you have any big races coming up?
I have multiple little 5ks, my 2nd half marathon on May 7th (this weekend), and my first full marathon on October 16th! :)
* what is your favorite distance?
to just run… 5 miles… to race… half marathon
* are you a morning, noon or evening runner?
I am not a morning person so running in the morning is difficult for me… i like noon or evening TONS better!
* do you run solo or with a buddy?
I tend to run by myself… every once in a blue moon you’ll read on my blog that I ran with someone… which is also fun… but I find it hard to coordinate schedules so tend to be a lone runner
* what's your favorite post run snack?
Chocolate milk blended with peanut butter, a banana, honey, cinnamon, carnation drink (added nutrients), and ice while I sit in an ice bath while eating a bagel
It is sad, but I had to use white milk in this
picture cuz I had run out of chocolate milk
* what's your FAVORITE race?
My absolute FAVORITE race so far has been my first ever half marathon!! I just loved the whole experience from traveling to a different state, to spending the weekend with just my parents, and running an all women’s race as my first half! :D HERE’s the recap!
* what is your least favorite race?
I don't really have a least favorite as of right now… I’ll get back to you on that ;)
* what race is your favorite medal from?
My first half marathon! there was a medallion in the middle of the music note shaped medal (Nashville, Tennessee) that you could take off and put on a necklace
* who is your running idol?
I don't really have one, but I'm really starting to like Kara :)
* how long have you been a runner?
years that I’m counting… 1 :) (not counting HS track)
* (ladies) do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on?
no way! I am often times a klutz and just know that something would happen to my engagement ring before the wedding if I would wear it to run in or exercise in… not chancing it!