Thursday, September 16, 2010

Say What?!!

Last night I went to bed early but my mind was racing and I ended up not falling asleep until almost midnight!  My alarm went off at 7:45 this morning so I rolled out of bed and immediately noticed a difference in the way I felt.  My chest pain felt more like a chest cold now, which is kind of weird, and I had a slight cough.  I still had problems taking in a deep breath, but I just knew that today, no matter what the tests said, was going to be a good day! Don’t get me wrong, I was still nervous, I just knew that God has a plan and that all of you guys were praying for me!

So, my dad and I headed out the door and were signed in at the hospital at 9:15am.  When we finally got to the second place we had to sign in at it was 9:44 and the lady said “Hun, I don’t know who told you to be here this early, but your exam isn’t scheduled until noon so you don’t have to be here til 11:30!”  Seriously?!  At this point I’m getting really hungry and I always wake up in the morning dehydrated so I was rather thirsty…. My dad and I decided to just stay and wait it out.  I crocheted a little bit while my dad slept. (He works nights so he came with me on ZERO hours of sleep!  Love my dad!)

2 hours later and I am allowed to go back to the room for my stress-echo test.  Basically its an ultrasound on my heart at resting state, then walking/running on a treadmill to get my heart up to a certain rate, immediately followed by another ultrasound while my heart rate is still up. Like this:

stress_test

 **Except I am younger and MUCH cuter ;) 

***Oh, and the treadmill I was on started at an incline lol.. and it just kept getting faster and steeper!

Well, I kept expecting to feel like I was gonna pass out or like I couldn’t breath…. and although I was breathing hard and I could tell my chest and breathing aren’t back to 100%, I didn’t have to ask them to stop the test.  My legs were a little tired, but they actually felt good after I started running.

After the test the doctor told me some good news

Awesome news really…

IT’S NOT MY HEART!!!

He actually said that I was in really good shape and that although he doesn’t have the official results, from what he could tell, my heart is really healthy!  The next words that came out of his mouth almost made me cry with joy!  “I want you to start running again… but cut back a lot this week leading up to your half and if it goes well, I don’t see why you can’t run next weekend! He did say that all the lack of sleep leading up to the chilly festival 5k a few weeks ago probably didn’t help matters any and that he thinks it may just be a chest cold.  Then he proceeded to ask me if I’ve ever been checked for asthma. I told him I hadn’t but I’ve never had any problems in sports and running growing up. So…

I don’t have to wear the halter monitor for 2 days now and I go back to see him Wednesday the 23rd (the day before we leave for Tennessee) for a follow up and official results.  And with that… I’m heading to bed… trying to sleep a lot more and take in more Vitamin C and Iron!

PS – look for a giveaway soon!  A little thank you of sorts for being so caring and supportive during this downer time in my life!  You guys are great! :D

22 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you. What great news. I was thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! Really happy for you. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Younger & much cuter - true, but funny!

    This is great news! And this is a good time to cut back anyway - taper time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Glad to hear there don't seem to be any issues and that you are able to try running again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo!!!! That is some awesome news girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news. That’s kinda’ what I predicted no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! This is fabulous news! I'm super happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you know how excited I am for you! Awesome! This is just great news. :) And you are much cuter than your drawing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great news. I am so glad it doesn't look like anything too serious. I hope you keep feeling better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fantastic!!! Love seeing the good news this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome news! Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is SOOOO awesome!!!

    I'm glad you put those notes under the picture. I was ready with all sorts of snarky comments about how you should look into dying your gray hair....and put a shirt on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise the Lord!!! That is FANTASTIC news!!! Take care of yourself! So happy to hear it's not your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yippee! I'm glad everything was okay. Definitely get a lot of rest and Vitamin C and iron. Actually with the iron thing, I had a lot of shortness of breath before I was diagnosed with anemia, but I didn't mention that because I figured they would check for that anyway, since they do that in regular yearly bloodwork. I noticed after taking iron supplements though that my breathing got back to normal :).

    Soooo happy you can still run your half! You will rock it!

    Amy Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fabulous, that is GREAT news!! Seriously - most people would probably cry in fear if their doctor's told them to start running - and then we runners cry out of happiness and relief! That is just fantastic - Welcome back!!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great news! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, girl, I am so relieved to read this - I was really worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a relief! So glad it wasn't anyting related to your heart as that is so scary...

    Did they test you for asthma then? Or will they? That might be it, or you might have 'exercise induced' asthma which is what both my sister and I have. We both have it under control now, though, so luckily don't need inhalers... It seems to rear up when I am doing things like sprints or running in cold weather, though...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that is AWESOME!! YAY, zaneta! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...