Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It’s a Date!

This weekend, my boyfriend came over every day and just chilled with me around the house because 1) I didn’t feel good and 2) I was pouting.  So this went on Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday my boyfriend decided that after church we were going to go on a date!  Well this instantly cheered me up because I LOVE dates with my man!! :D

He took me out to eat and then we started a 30  minute drive to a Cinema that I had never been to before.  It was probably the nicest movie theater I have ever been to!

DSC00221 

We went to Resident Evil Afterlife in 3D!!!  I’ve never been to a 3D movie before and neither had Joshuah so it was really neat. He looked over at me during the 3D previews and said “This is so cool!”  I’m pretty sure we both felt like little 5 year olds, but in a fun way… It was so cool!

The movie itself was ok, it seemed like a lot of traveling and you could tell it was definitely made for 3D.  There was one scene when everything froze in midair and the camera panned from one side to the other slowly… that was pretty cool… it probably would’ve been lame if it weren’t in 3D though.  Then it was one of those endings when you can definitely tell they’re making another one… I hate those endings because they always seem dumb to me… nothing is wrapped up in a pretty little bow.

All-in-all, it was a fun date and I’m really glad that we got to spend some time together AND the 3D glasses were pretty sweet!

DSC00222

****HEALTH UPDATE****

I am feeling a little better… I still have some chest pain and at times still have some shortness of breath.  I am STILL waiting on the hospital to call to schedule my exams.  If they don’t call today, I’m going to call them tomorrow to see if I can get in this week!

In the meantime, I’ve decided to continue on as though I am definitely running in my half marathon!  I ordered my GU today and I’m putting together a playlist… I’m trying to make myself not be too excited though, just in case I can’t run.  BUT, my parents and I are still going to the expo and having a mini vacation either way so I am excited about that… I’ll continue to keep you all updated on my health and thank you so much for your concern, thoughts, and prayers!  It really does mean a lot to me that you all care! :D

24 comments:

  1. I still hope you feel better! If helps I think naming your blog, Runner's Luck was a golden idea because it seems you have been winning lots of contests lately! Dang you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is sexier than a couple on a date in 3D glasses!
    Don't you just love putting together the official play list? To me that's like the final big prep for a race. My body can't get any more ready than it already is, so a few days before I love to plop down with my iTunes and find THE perfect songs!
    Hope you start to feel 100% soon!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! The glasses seem huge on you! Glad you had a fun date! I hope you get in soon for your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came to catch up last night and didn't get a chance to comment. Just wanted you to know you're in my prayers! Glad you had a great date!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if the doctor wore those glasses he could give you a different diagnosis!

    Keep at it ... if he says you're ok, you won't be ready so definitely prepare as if you are going to run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet glasses.

    I heart dates.

    YAY for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your boyfriend helped cheer you up and you're feeling better. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  8. Date nights are the best - no matter how long you've been together! Hope you start feeling better soon and you get a clean bill of health from the doc! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you! Positive attitudes make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yippeeee for date night! keep us posted on those tests *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippee for your awesome date! It's great to have a boyfriend who's there for you to cheer you up whenever you're going through so much with your health. Glad you're feeling better and hopefully you hear from the doc soon!

    Amy Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have they read your 48 hour cardio results yet? It so stinks that it takes so long for them to get back to you....

    Glad you are feeling better! I hope you continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a really fun date! 3D movies are so much fun! I saw Up in 3D and loved it. Totally made me feel like a kid!

    I hope you get a clean bill of health very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for date night! I like 3D movies too...they are so much fun!
    I hope you start to feel better soon. Hopefully you'll get to go in this week for your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dates are so much fun!!! My weekends seem to be 100% better when my hubz and I go on a date. I'm so happy to read an update on your health. I have been thinking about you and hoping you are well. Definitely call to get your tests scheduled because it takes them awhile to get the results. If they say no to running the half, would you consider asking if you could walk the half? Just wondered. Heck ya- go to the expo- pick up your shirt - rock it like the superstar you are!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 3D glasses are so much fun! I like wearing them at dinner after the movie, too. But that's just because I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a man! I'm thinkin' you keep'em.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a great boyfriend you have!! Better keep him around........ :)
    Hope you feel better soon, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  19. forced rest is so exhausting and emotionally draining! that date was the perfect idea and hopefully all the other issues will get resolved quickly so that you can resume normal life. hoping you get the clean bill of health!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha - your BF looks really pumped to be in the picture in that 1st one. :)

    I really hope that you're able to lock down your shortness of breath. that is nothing to mess around with!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol - your BF does NOT look excited to have his picture taken in that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...