Friday, May 4, 2012

Ready or Not…

In my weekly roundup of last week, I mentioned that I wasn’t completely ready OR excited for the Cap City Half that I’m running tomorrow…

My excuses:

1.  School/homework/activities required to go to for school are taking up SO much of my time

2. I’m working as many days a week as possible and job hunting because substitute teachers don’t have jobs in the summer.

3. My knee pain:

It’s been happening for about a month and a half now and it’s really annoying me!  I’ve cut back on my running and added a little biking for cardio, but it’s been hard because I’ve been trying to train for a half marathon which is running, so running is how you get faster! ugh!  Anyways… even though I’ve cut back on my mileage, my knee still hurts.  It hurts behind and to the inner side of my knee… not really below like “runner’s knee” pain would be and ITband problems hurt to the outside of the knee (or so I’ve been told) so I really don’t know what’s causing my pain.  I’ve been stretching and foam rolling in case it had something to do with tight muscles, but it doesn’t seem to be helping… IN FACT, I feel the pain the most when I stretch my hamstrings doing these hamstring stretches:


               Source Here                                          Source Here

So yeah… I’m probably going to take some time off from running completely after this half marathon… but that’s why I feel like know that I’m not ready for tomorrow.  In fact, I am anticipating a PW and it kinda makes me feel like a loser going into a race unprepared…  I want to feel excited to run because I haven’t run a race since my full marathon in October, but I feel a little disappointed in myself and my knee and I just wish the pain would go away… and that my friends, is why I haven’t been talking a whole lot about this race…

That being said… I’m still racing tomorrow… I’ll just treat it like a long run in the first half and then pick it up if I have anything left and my knee feels ok in the second half… we’ll see… I went to the expo yesterday after school and picked up my packet.

DSC03470

Here’s the elevation for the race:

elevation 

So… good luck to all of you racing tomorrow!!! AND… if you have any idea what could be causing my knee pain PLEASE feel free to let me know how to fix it!!  It would be greatly appreciated!!  Okie doke… I’m off to bed for an early wakeup tomorrow! :)

12 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK and hope the knee cooperates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear about your knee! I hope your race goes well, it seems like it's a pretty big race so maybe you can just enjoy the atmosphere and not go all out? 13.1 miles is 13.1 miles no matter how you do it, and I'm sure you will have a great time regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!

    And maybe have the knee checked out by someone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck! Have you been massaging or foam rolling the area at all? Icing? I'm sure you are! Enjoy the run and take it easy if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay in commenting but know I have been sending you all my positive energy and thinking your way I'm hoping by now you've rested and iced and are in total veg state you've earned the right to take a break from running. I've been mostly AWOL and its been kind of nice. Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the knee behaves for the race, no idea what it could be. That elevation chart doesn't look very fun for a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are okay! It was miserably humid out there - and I was just cheering on the course!!

    Have you seen a doctor? You may want to if your knee is causing enough pain that you are considering taking a break from running. I hope you are well and can get back to feeling 100% sooner rather than later. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How was the race?? Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really you're leaving us hanging? So..... How did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope it went well and that your knee is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been tagged on my blog!

    Check out the post here:
    http://lawyergirlruns86.blogspot.com/2012/05/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...