Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Food: Hot Fudge-Peanut Butter Pie

I decided to start a Friday Food!  I’ll be posting recipes on Fridays AND you all can link up your recipes/blogs at the bottom! :)

**WARNING:  I never claimed this was a health food blog!  Just sayin’ ;)

I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together!!  My favorite candy is Reese Cups, I LOVE dipping Oreos in peanut butter and I mix melted peanut butter into chocolate pudding… so when I found this recipe In the coupons/ads, I knew it was going to be absolutely delicious!! I actually found a very similar recipe online for you all here.

DSC03790

Ingredients

- 1 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (plus 2 tbsp divided)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) container (4 1/2 cups) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 prepared chocolate pie crust
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping, divided

DSC03792DSC03794DSC03797

1. BEAT together 1 cup peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until well combined. Gently mix in 3 cups whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Using spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.

2. RESERVE 2 tablespoons of hot fudge topping in the corner of a resealable food storage bag; set aside.  Microwave remaining topping on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Spread topping over pie, covering entire peanut butter layer.  Refrigerate until set.  Spread remaining whipped topping (1 1/2 cups) over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.

3. CUT a small corner from bag containing topping. Squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pie. Place remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter in a resealable food storage bag; cut bag corner and squeeze to drizzle in opposite direction from topping.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

DSC03799 DSC03808

To me, the 3rd direction is OPTIONAL I’ve made this pie 3 times now and have never done the 3rd step!  It makes it look pretty if you’re taking the pie somewhere or giving it to someone, but if you’re like me, you don’t care and just want to eat it!! ;)

**What’s your favorite dessert?

**Check out the Question of the Day HERE!!

**Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for My Memories Scrapbooking Software HERE.  (only 1 person has entered and it ends on Monday!)

 

Want to Participate in Friday Food by linking up a recipe you have on your blog or a recipe somewhere online? Click the ‘add your link’ button and link away! ;)

4 comments:

  1. What a yummy recipe! I'm pinning it to Pinterest for later! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. It's just as well I can't get some of the ingredients or I'd be as big as a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...