Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father’s Day & My Thoughts on Spirit of the Marathon II

I know it’s been half a week already, but I have been crazy busy with doctor appointments and job interviews this past week! (more on that later)  Guess it’s just as well I post my thoughts on SOTM2 today because I got to go see it with my daddy!  Happy Father’s Day to the best daddy in the world!! :)

First of all I just want to thank Fathom Events for the passes to go see Spirit of the Marathon II in exchange for writing about it on my blog! 

DSC04673

My dad ended up going with me and we got there about half an hour early… we were the only ones in the theater until about 6:55 and then a couple more people showed up and then a lot more people showed up about 5 minutes after the movie started.  Before the movie started there were marathon trivia questions popping up on the screen, so that was fun and definitely helped pass the time.

Upon the Greek victory over the Persians in 490 B.C., legend says that soldier Pheidippides ran 25 miles from the battlefield in Marathon, Greece, to Athens to deliver the news. After he arrived, Pheidippides yelled out, "Rejoice, we are victorious,” then collapsed and died (source).

This movie starts out the morning of the marathon with the 7 runners getting ready to leave for the race and then starts in to the introductions of each one of the seven runners and we get to hear each of their story’s.  Spirit of the Marathon II takes us on a journey with these 7 runners as they prepare for the Rome Marathon and interjects little snippets of the actual race periodically throughout with more of the race towards the end of the movie.

instagram sotm2

From the very beginning I was loving it!!  I laughed, I cried, I gasped and often times nodded my head in agreement or knowing exactly how each runner was feeling!  It’s a very inspiring movie not only for the veteran or beginner runner, but also for those who aspire and dream of one day running a marathon of their own or even to just start running!

**Insert whining here** I WANT TO BE BACK OUT THERE RUNNING THE ASPHALT!! ugh!  I can’t stand not running… and this movie made it that much harder to be sidelined with a knee injury right now… totally sucks!  Why me!?!?  **End of rant**… for now! ;) mwahahaha!!! ahem…

My dad loved the movie too, which I’m glad! I didn’t want him to be bored sitting through a running movie when he doesn’t run (he bikes)… But, he liked it a lot! After the movie ended there was a featurette about Team World Vision… it’s a great cause so click on the link and go look it up! 

Then, after we watched Spirit of the Marathon II… by the way, now I need to watch the first one! lol… we headed to Max & Ermas (my first time ever) for a little grub… just so happens it was “Free Cookie Wednesday” (BEST.NIGHT.EVER!)

Freecookiewednesday

We headed out with full bellies… we did have enough self-control to save a cookie for our spouses… since we each got three cookies! lol ;)  It was a great night spent with my dad and I truly loved the movie even though it made me feel worse about being injured! ;)

DSC04674 
A fountain outside the theater


Did you go see Spirit of the Marathon II?? What’d you think?!

Happy Father’s Day out there to all you fit dads! :)

12 comments:

  1. LOVED the movie! I really want to see the first one now too. That's sweet that your dad saw it with you. Can't wait until you can run again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the movie too!! I believe the first one is on hulu maybe for free? Hold on... i'll check! lol...
      Yep found it! here ya go:
      http://www.hulu.com/watch/85354
      (you may have to copy and paste that URL if it doesn't show up as a link)
      I can't wait to run again either! lol... have a great day! :)

      Delete
    2. Woohoo! You're awesome. I'm gonna watch it today! Thanks chick!

      Delete
    3. Woohoo! It's on my to do list for this week! :) Glad I could help! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your knee injury.
    Watching others run while not being able to do it is the worst!
    I didn't even know about this movie before, but I won't waste any time to look it up :o) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could clue you in! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  3. Nice way to spend Father's Day - a great movie and free cookies. I can't wait till SOTM2 opens here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun thing to do with your dad! I didn't see that movie, but I'm in the middle of watching the first one free on Hulu. So sorry you're sidelined and hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the first one, but missed this one. Can't wait to see it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely enjoyed the first one, but didn't make it to this showing. hopefully it's not too long before DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see it!!! Loved the first one! Must catch #2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...