Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Partayyyy!!

Well, I was getting ready to write a blog post when our electric went out. It’s cold, rainy, and so very windy with gusts up to 50 mph here in Ohio.  Then I remembered that I could write up an entry on Windows Live Writer and then post it when the electric comes back on… as long as my laptop battery lasts long enough!

Right now, my whole family (minus my youngest sister who is away at college) is sitting around in the living room with candles lit and we’re enjoying talking, eating ice cream, and spending time together even though its midnight!  It’s a lot of fun!  Brings back some memories :)

It seems like everyone around here is registering for 2011 races…  Guess I’m in the “in” crowd…  Lookie what I did Friday night!!

caphalfregistration

I’m so excited!!  Half Marathon #2 is now paid for and on my calendar!!  Anyone else running The Capital City Half Marathon?!

Also, I will post my race recap from this past weekend hopefully tomorrow or Thursday… I was hoping that the organizers would post some pictures but I’m not sure if they will or not and I wasn’t sure my parents were coming so they didn’t have my camera.

Last, but not least, I am hosting the 2010 Christmas Card Swap!! :D  If you haven’t already joined in on the party, head on over and sign up!!  It’s going to be loads of fun and I’m positive you don’t want to miss out!! ;)  You can click on the picture and it will take you to the official page!

2010 Christmas Card Swap Logo

Ok, well… I’m getting tired and I don’t think the electric is coming back on anytime soon, so I’ll have to post this in the morning!  Goodnight all!

**The power is now back on… It was out for about 1 1/2 hours

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - your time with the power out sounds like it was so much fun! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoooo for registering for the 2nd half marathon! That is exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will consider it if Calvins Challenge is not on the same weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for another half! all this talk about christmas makes me want to run out and get peanutbutter filled christmas trees, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is crazy in Ohio, right??
    Congrats on signing up for the race! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on committing to Half #2 - exciting and scary at the same time isn't it? I'm doing a half on May 21st - it'll be fun to "train with you" again (as we did for our first one). Have a great hump day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY Z!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Way to go woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BDD - awesome! :D

    Dawn - I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter filled Christmas trees! yummy! :)

    Wells - I'm actually not scared at the moment... ask me the night of May 6th tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for registering! That's the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw... love this race! YAY!!! I might be running it... depends on if it fits into the schedule (which is in the works!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 50 MPH winds, holy cow! I am so excited for your next half marathon you are going to rock it! That is fun that you whole family is hanging out and even better eating ice cream. Glad the power came back on and I am so excited about your card swap idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colleen - AWESOME!!

    Hungry Runner - It was fun! I may have stayed up a little too late tho! lol... I'm so glad you are excited about the card swap! At first I was afraid that everyone would think it was a stupid idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made the most of the power outage! Glad you have something on the 2011 calendar...always fun to start looking ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually like power outages. We put a fire in and put candles around and snuggle up in blankets! :)

    Yay for registering for the 1/2 mary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great time with the family!! YAY for half marathon number 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to love power outages, but once we moved to the mountains and we had a power outage for 5 days. It was generator time.

    Congrats on getting another 1/2 on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your second upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete
  18. woo hoo! I love searching for 2011 races! a new year, a new race. :) it can be kind of fun when the power goes out (if you're not alone). Sitting around chatting by candlelight can be a nice change. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you! Have a GREAT day!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...